Friday, February 20, 2009

Ray's Hell Burger

***Special Post by Keith***

Last date I was here: 02/20/2009

Restaurant: Ray’s Hell Burger

Location: Arlington (Courthouse)




Total Rating: 4.4
Food: 5, Price: 4, Service: 4, Ambience: 3, Accessibility: 3



Summary: Ray’s Hell Burger is a hole in the wall burger joint located near the former location of Ray’s the Steaks. Despite being in a tiny strip mall on Wilson Blvd, and not even having a sign outside, it is not hard to miss the line out the door during the lunch rush. Closest Metro is Courthouse.

I have loved Ray’s the Steaks since I first went with Micky 3 or 4 years ago and have heard raves about this place for the past few months. (By the way – Micky should open her archives and post a review of Ray’s the Steaks soon!) I gotta say I am glad I finally decided to drop by for lunch. The line was long and finding a table was tough (even though I was by my lonesome), but the burger was worth it. I ordered “The Mack” with bacon and a side of cheesy tater puffs, with a black cherry Boylen’s soda. It was a little pricey at about $14 but I would expect to pay a similar price if someone managed to drag me to some awful sit down chain restaurant. The food came relatively quickly, and I was able to snag a seat by the door. The burger was huge, well cooked and the toppings were fresh. Not much to complain about, I might order mine medium next time though. The recommended med-rare was a little red for my tastes. I really enjoyed the tater puffs too, though I wish there was a larger portion. All in all it was a fantastic lunch on a cold Friday. I was in and out in about 45 min. One word of caution, I saw 2 parties of 6 trying to squeeze in and eat their burgers at tables made for 4 - definitely not comfortable, so only invite the cool kids! Oh yeah, it is pretty loud too, so no romantic dates or business meetings.


What Keith ate:



The Mack w/ Bacon
Burger, American cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, Pickles, Onions, and Special Sauce


Cheesy Tater Puffs
Fried potato puffs w/ cheese

Ray's Hell-Burger on Urbanspoon
Pin It button on image hover