Crock-Pot Chicken & Broccoli
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teasp red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch (or 4 Tbsp flour)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Place chicken in the crock-pot.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, dark brown sugar, sesame oil, red pepper, and garlic.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Turn crock-pot on low and cook for 3 hours.
- When done, remove chicken from pot and cut into chunks.
- Prior to putting the chicken back in the crock-pot, whisk the cornstarch into the sauce to thicken it up a bit.
- Add the chicken back in with the broccoli and stir around to recoat in the sauce.
- Cook on low for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve hot over a bed of rice.
If you want to tame the spice, you can omit the red pepper flakes from the main sauce and just serve Sriracha on the side for those to spice up their own servings. But really the quarter teaspoon is so little that it just added a hint of spicy dimension to the sweet base. This Chicken & Broccoli dish was simple to make and frankly, any reason I have to use the Crock-Pot is fine by me. I tend to worry less about the whole cooking process and let go of control to this amazing little kitchen appliance. Haha.