Monday, July 11, 2011

Teaism

Teaism is a combination of Asian-inspired teahouses that infuse the cultures of tea and the ideals of teaism with the informality and casualness of America.  Featuring a collection of simple foods from the cuisines of tea, Bento boxes from Japan, curries from Thailand, and tandoor breads from India, Teaism is one of my favorite lunch spots in DC.  Closest Metro is Archives-Naval Memorial.

I LOVE the bento lunch boxes from Teaism. Super fresh, convenient, and decently priced. Since I first discovered this place back in 2008, it has remained one of my favorite go-to lunch spots in the city - a great place to sit inside amongst the calming Japanese decor or grab it to go and sit outside nearby the Naval Memorial. I also enjoy the Zhenzhou Pearl tea drinks and the Iced Tisanes.  I have brought many co-workers here to try for lunch, and they all agree that Teaism offers unique, healthy, a delicious food for a reasonable price.  Other locations are in Lafayette Square and Dupont Circle.

Total Rating: 4.6
Food: 5, Price: 4, Service: 4, Ambience: 4, Accessibility: 5
What Micky Eats...

What I ate:

Veggie Bento
grilled veggies, sweet potatoes, tofu with toppings, edamame & rice

Chicken Bento
fried chicken, cucumber-ginger salad, sweet potatoes & rice

Teaism on Urbanspoon
Pin It button on image hover