Nutella-Swirl Pound Cake (Adapted from Food & Wine)
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teasp pure vanilla extract
- 1 teasp milk
- 1 teasp baking powder
- 1/3 teasp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- One 13-ounce jar Nutella, softened
|Look at the Nutella swirl on the bottom!|
- In a glass measuring cup, lightly beat the eggs with the milk and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the butter with the sugar at medium-high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- With the mixer at medium-low speed, gradually beat in the egg mixture until fully incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture in 3 batches, beating at low speed between additions until just incorporated.
- Continue to beat for 30 seconds longer. Spread half of the batter in the prepared pan, then spread half of the Nutella on top.
- Repeat with the other half of the batter and then top with the remaining Nutella.
- Lightly swirl the Nutella into the batter with a butter knife. Do not over mix.
- Bake the cake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Invert the cake onto a wire rack, turn it right side up and let cool completely, about 2 hours.
- Cut the cake into slices and serve.
|Pretty marbled top!|
|Perfect swirl in the middle.|