Cherries Jubilee (Serves 2 - 3)
- 2 cups Bing or other dark, sweet cherries - rinsed, de-stemmed, pitted, and halved
- 3 teasp sugar
- 1 teasp cornstarch (optional)
- 2 teasp Grand Marnier or brandy
- 2 - 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 10 vanilla wafer cookies, crumbled (optional)
- Stir until juices release and a sauce forms. (Optional: add cornstarch to thicken sauce, if needed).
- Simmer cherries for 5 minutes.
- While cherries are cooking, scoop ice cream into bowls. (Optional: Add cookie crumbles.)
- Remove cherries from heat. Add liquor and ignite with a long lighter. Gently shake pan until flame has extinguished itself.
- Spoon cherries over ice cream. Enjoy!
|Be sure to flambé the cherries|
to burn off the alcohol.