Cheesy Kale Chips
- 3-4 large kale leaves, cleaned, deveined, and chopped in large pieces.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- ½ teasp pepper
- Spread about 1 Tbsp olive oil onto baking sheet.
- Lay kale leaves down on pan in single layer. Drizzle remaining olive oil onto kale, just enough to coat each leaf. Use pastry brush or fingers to spread onto leaves.
- Repeat with the soy sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Spread seasonings into the oil and sauce using your fingers or pastry brush.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until crispy.
The kale pieces are pretty thin once dried out, so keep an eye out to not burn them. If you don't have soy sauce, you can simply replace with plain salt. I thought the soy sauce would penetrate the kale better. But it can easily get a little salty, especially with the Parmesan cheese, so don't overdo it. Try other seasoning combinations too. These kale chips are much thinner than a potato chip, but still make for a great snack. I easily ate the whole bowl and didn't feel as guilty knowing this green super food was much healthier to eat than other prepackaged snacks.