Nutella Banana Drops (Adapted from Instructables)
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teasp baking soda
- ¼ teasp salt
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking soda and salt together in a large bowl.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add butter, banana, and egg. Beat until combined.
- Add in the flour mixture and combine well.
- Take a knife and "slice" Nutella into batter with a knife. Don't mix it in completely, the stripes are what make them pretty!
- Spoon "drops" onto a greased cookie sheet. (Note: this is a lot softer than normal cookie dough and will not form balls, hence spoon "drops".)
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
The banana and Nutella combination is popular as a dessert crepe filling. Here, they taste like mini banana bread, but in a cookie shape. The rustic shape just make these drops look more homemade. They would be great to mix up with your kids. Have the little ones mash up the banana and swirl in the Nutella - making this recipe truly interactive and kid friendly. The Nutella stripes are pretty. I loved these eating drops of chocolate banana goodness warmed up with a glass of cold milk. Keith happily took a couple to work as a breakfast snack.