Orange Cranberry Muffins (Makes 12)
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teasp baking powder
- ½ teasp baking soda
- ½ teasp salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teasp orange zest
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Beat egg, orange juice, oil and orange zest.
- Add wet mix to dry ingredients, stir just to moisten.
- Mix in cranberries.
- Spoon into greased muffin cups, fill ¾ full.
- Sprinkle tops lightly with a bit of sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until lightly browned and firm to the touch.
These muffins are another one bowl mixture and were super quick to whip up. The muffins tops rose nicely and the addition of the orange sugar sprinkles on top gave a nice little crunch. The orange flavor was strong and a perfect way to celebrate a breakfast birthday! Everyone seemed to enjoy them, as I even got a recipe request. What are your favorite muffins to make?