|Left: The dish from Boqueria; Right: Chef Marc Vidal|
Boqueria Pan Con Tomate (Serves 10)
- ½ classic French baguette
- 2 Tbsp tomàquet (recipe below)
- 1 Tbsp high-quality olive oil (Spanish or Valderama preferred)
- pinch flaky finishing salt
- 1 lb. ripe tomatoes
- ½ clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp Spanish olive oil, such as Arbequina
- pinch kosher salt
- Make the tomàquet: Cut the tomatoes in half and grate the pulp into a medium-size bowl using a box grater. Discard the skin.
- Grate the garlic on a microplane into a separate small bowl.
- Mix the tomato, grated garlic, olive oil, and salt to taste.
- Toast the bread lightly in a toaster, so that the top is crispy and the inside stays moist.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of tomàquet over toasted bread, and add a drizzle of oil and a pinch of finishing salt.