Roasted Lemon Beer Chicken
- 1 4-5 lb chicken for roasting
- zest + juice of 1 large lemon
- drizzle or two of extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 teasp sea salt
- 1 teasp black pepper
- 1 teasp paprika
- ½ can beer
- 2 large potatoes, cubed
- Remove giblets from inside of the chicken and pat the chicken dry.
- Cut up the juiced lemon into quarters, and spread along the bottom of your roasting pan.
- Pour the beer onto the bottom of the pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- With 30 min left put potatoes in the bottom of the pan.
- Serve chicken with fresh steamed veggies and potatoes.
The chicken had crispy skin and a light lemon flavor. Most of the lemon and beer was soaked up by the potatoes. We served the chicken with an additional side of sauteed spinach and mushrooms. Though the roasting chicken is small, there were plenty of left overs to make chicken salad sandwiches or souvlaki style wraps. Keith is thinking of doing an alternative with teriyaki. Do you like to roasted chicken? What other seasonings do you use?