Friday, May 30, 2008

Matuba

Last date I was here: 05/30/2008

Restaurant: Matuba (http://www.matuba-sushi.com/)

Location: Arlington, VA

Total Rating: 4.45
Food: 5, Price: 4, Service: 4, Ambience: 3, Accessibility: 4

Summary: This tiny award-winning sushi place is a favorite of mine for lunch. The Japanese restaurant is casual and small located along the strip of busy Columbia Pike. Parking can be restrictive as there are only a few spots out back and along the street. I always use the back entrance and am greeted warmly by the smiling staff. The sushi is made fresh daily at the open view bar and the lunch boxes are very reasonable priced. Lunch can get crowded, so I usually go right at 11:30am when it opens.

I have only had the lunch box – it is just soooo good and very filling. Definitely worth the $10. But I’ve seen many others order one of the classic noodle dishes and I would like to try one next time I go.

What I ate:


California Lunch Box
California Roll, Shrimp and Vegetable Tempura, Chicken Teriyaki with Rice
Comes with Salad and Miso Soup

Matuba Japanese Restaurant - Bethesda on Urbanspoon
Pin It button on image hover