Friday, June 6, 2008

Taqueria Nacionale

Last date I was here: 06/06/2008

Restaurant: Taqueria Nacionale

Location: Union Station

Total Rating: 3.5
Food: 3, Price: 5, Service: 4, Ambience: 3, Accessibility: 3

Summary: Lunch is where the tacos shine. The taqueria offers beef, pork, chicken, bean and a classic Baja fish taco, each served in an individual box made of recyclable material. The chicken was underwhelming on our visit, but the pork and fish were both juicy and flavorful. They have other items on their menu and daily specials. The homemade traditional drinks are refreshing – I had the Pineapple Agua Fresca. Closest Metro is Union Station.

I expected this place to be a hole in the wall or actual taco stand, however was pleasantly surprised to find an actual eatery with fast service, colorful Mexican décor, and a few tables outside. This spot is only open Monday – Friday from 11-3pm, so it gets crowded. I walked across the street to the fountains outside the Capitol where there are benches to sit in the shade and eat my fish tacos. Although good and cheap, I would stop by if in the area, but would not go out of my way to come again.

What I ate:


Baja Fish Taco
Hunks of Alaskan Pollock with crunchy cabbage and traditional white sauce

Yucca Fries
Served with a delicious sauce

Plus Keith ate:

Chicken Taco, Beef Taco, Pork Taco

Taqueria Nacional on Urbanspoon
Pin It button on image hover