Thursday, July 3, 2008

Park Café


Last date I was here: 07/03/2008

Restaurant: Park Café (http://www.parkcafedc.com/)

Location: Lincoln Park

Total Rating: 3.15
Food: 3, Price: 3, Service: 4, Ambience: 3, Accessibility: 4

Summary: I first heard about this new restaurant after reading an article in the local City Paper. The feature stated that this ex-BYOB Mexican place turned into a high-end food lover’s spot that features close to 3500 types of wine – and with it being a few blocks from my house, I had to try it out. Unfortunately, I was let down by the quaint seating area and lackluster food. The service was undeveloped, yet hopeful with the manager looking on closely to instruct proper plate placement. Although only a short walking distance, the food was overpriced and unimpressive that I will not return any time soon. Closest Metro is Potomac Ave.

What I ate:

Risotto with Scallops
with Parmesan Reggiano and Herb Oil


Tilapia
Pan-Seared with Golden Beets, Blue Potatoes, Balsamic Reduction

Plus Keith ate:

Duck
Five Spice Muscovy Duck Breast, Garnished with Foie Gras

Park Cafe on Urbanspoon
Pin It button on image hover