Jalapeño Bacon Macaroni & Cheese
- 1 lb. pasta
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2½ cups milk
- 8 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 4 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt & black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 and boil pasta to al dente.
- In a separate pan, melt butter. Sauté jalapeño for 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in the flour and milk until smooth. Simmer.
- Stir in all of the pepper jack cheese. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add in the bacon crumbles. Stir until well mixed.
- Fold the drained pasta in the cheese sauce. Pour all into a casserole dish.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for another 10 minutes.
Pork Barrel BBQ sauce, a local DC company who made it big when they went on ABC's Shark Tank. I like their sweet flavor, which really complimented the jalapeno and bacon in the macaroni and cheese. We had plenty left over - perfect for lasting through Hurricane Sandy and packing up lunches for our return to work.