|Left: Chef Andres; Right: The dish from Jaleo|
- 20 thin stalk asparagus
- 4 slices jamón Serrano (Spanish cured ham)
- Spanish extra-virgin olive oil
- Brush a large skillet or flat griddle with a little olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Divide the asparagus into 4 bundles of 5 stalks. Wrap each bundle with a slice of ham.
- Place the bundles in the skillet. Cook the asparagus on each side until they caramelize slightly and the ham becomes crispy, 5-8 minutes.
- Note: Be careful not to let the bundles over cook. You want the asparagus to stay crisp and for the ham not to burn. If you can only find thick stalks of asparagus, don’t worry. All you need to do is blanch them for a few minutes in boiling water before wrapping them with the ham to ensure they cook evenly in the skillet.