Monday, September 30, 2013

Stubb's BBQ

***Special Post by Keith***
This was my first stop after landing in Austin. I originally wanted to go to Iron Works BBQ, as it had been recommended by a coworker, but it was closed on Sundays. So I was wandering around the Pecan Street Festival looking for something to eat and realized that Stubb's BBQ was pretty close by. I've heard the name and used their barbeque sauce before so I was pretty excited to give it a try.


The restaurant is located couple of shady blocks north of the hustle and bustle of 6th Street. When I entered it seemed pretty empty and there were 4 waitresses eagerly waiting to serve. I've heard that they usually have live music but there was none to be heard on this day. After checking out the menu I ordered a 3 meat plate with brisket ribs and sausage. It came with 2 sides so I got the mac and cheese and spinach.


You can also order any of their different meats by the pound. The food came out surprisingly quick, but I guess that is one benefit of barbeque. Not sure what I expected but this was a bit of a let down, especially for my first meal in Austin. All of the meat was somehow overly tender. It fell apart the second you touched it, the ribs in particular seemed overdone. I know some people like their ribs to fall off the bone, but I typically like them to have a little more bite. The sausage and mac and cheese were the saving graces. Maybe my expectations were too high, this was passable barbeque for the Northeast, but I was hoping for something better.

Total Rating: 3.03
Food: 2.5, Price: 3.5, Service: 4, Ambience: 3, Accessibility: 5

Stubb's Bar-B-Q on Urbanspoon
Pin It button on image hover