Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispies (Makes 16 squares or 64 mini squares)
- 5 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 teasp vanilla extract
- Stir and microwave again for 30 more seconds, or until mixture has fully melted. Stir between intervals until completely melted and smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and Rice Krispies and stir to coat.
- Pour mixture in a prepared 8x8 inch pan.
- Fill in the corners and even down the top with a spatula.
- Cool in refrigerator for at least one hour to set up, before slicing and serving.
- Store remainder squares in an air tight container for up to one week.
OMG - these Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispies totally hit the spot. You may notice two different colors to my squares above. That's because I made two batches - one with dark chocolate and one with regular milk chocolate. Both tasted equally great. They were so incredibly chocolaty and peanut buttery that I ended up cutting the original squares into smaller mini bite size squares.