Grandma Olga's Sausage Stuffing
- 2 Jimmy Dean sausage rolls
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 teasp parsley
- 1 teasp pepper
- ½ teasp garlic powder
- 3 cups breadcrumbs
- In a large bowl, mix sausage, egg, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, parsley, and pepper. Set aside.
- Sauté lightly the onions, garlic, celery.
- Add vegetables into the meat mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into a glass baking dish.
- Bake for about 40-60 minutes.
- Check the center with a toothpick to make sure it’s cooked through. The center should be firm.
You don't need to cover it while baking, but if it's browning on top too fast and/or the edges and it's still soft in the center, use foil to cover it BUT not until close to the end or it will steam itself. This sausage stuffing has much more meat to breadcrumb ratio than other stuffing recipes. But I find that to be a nice compliment for a Thanksgiving meal that already is loaded with potatoes and bread. How do you like your stuffing - with more meat or more breadcrumbs?