Pepper Jack Biscuits (Makes 4 jumbo biscuits)
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ¾ cup milk
- 1¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 teasp kosher salt
- ¼ teasp garlic salt
- ¾ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- Place butter in a medium heat proof mixing bowl and microwave until melted, about 60 seconds.
- Slowly whisk in milk to combine.
- Place flour, baking powder, salt and garlic salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir to combine then slowly fold in butter/milk until just combined.
- Fold in cheese to combine as well.
- With a large spoon, place biscuit dough onto your prepared baking sheet at least 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes until puffed and cooked through.
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before handling.
I made them in jumbo size, but feel free to drop smaller rounds to make twice as many regular-sized biscuits. As soon as they were finished baking, I couldn't resist and grabbed one off the sheet right away, split it in half, and added more butter. Look at all that cheese!