We had some ripe bananas laying around, and when they get all brown and spotty, I just cannot eat them plain. So Keith suggested I bake something with them. I found this easy-no-mixer recipe for Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins and decided to shared them on What Micky Eats...At Home. They whip up easily and are quick enough to make for a lazy weekend breakfast. Plus, leftovers are always great to take in to work the next day.
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins (Adapted from Hot Polka Dot)
- 3 large bananas
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teasp salt
- 1 teasp baking soda
- 1 teasp baking powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl mash the bananas with a fork then mix in the sugar, egg and butter.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder then lightly fold it into the banana mixture. The batter should be just moistened and still a little clumpy. Over mixing will produce short tough muffins.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups and bake for about 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Transfer them to a rack to cool and enjoy!