I participated in this cookie swap last year and knew I wanted to sign up again this year. The basic idea is to send out 1 dozen cookies to 3 food bloggers that you've been matched up with, and then you get to receive 3 different types of cookies from 3 different people that have been assigned to you. But the best part about this year's swap is that both Lindsay and Julie organized all this to support Cookies for Kids' Cancer. So with a cookie swap registration fee of $4, every dollar goes directly to this charity - raising over $12,000 this year. How awesome is that?
Buttery Almond Cookies (Makes 6 dozen)
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 teasp almond extract
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teasp baking powder
- ¼ teasp salt
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- colored sugar for decorating
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, and almond extract on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and the sliced almonds to the butter mixture until completely combined.
- Roll into small balls and dip top half in colored sugar.
- Place each ball on a lined cookie sheet; flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8 minutes and then remove from oven. Cookies will look soft.
- Cool cookies completely.
The cookies were all delicious and I look forward to participating in next year's Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap. Check out all the other cookies on Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram with hashtag #fbcookieswap.