***TOP 10 in DC - 2015 Favorites of What Micky Eats***
Out of nearly 60 restaurants that I've dined at across the globe this past year, here is my list of Top 10 restaurants in DC from 2015. The ranking is based purely on the total scores received. For more details - read each post for yourself! Don't see your favorite? Feel free to leave a comment below, and I'll try to check out your favorite place next year.
1. The Dabney (4.65) - Immediately, I fell in love with the charming atmosphere of the restaurant. I don't know if it was the warm and inviting interior, the rustic wooden tables, the lit candles, or the flannel wearing staff, but I liked it all. Many of the dishes are prepared in an open-fire hearth, the centerpiece of the 60-seat restaurant...Read More
2. Marcel's (4.65) - We had a wonderfully elegant French meal at Marcel's that was executed flawlessly, and presented at a perfect pace. I can see why so many Washingtonians choose this restaurant to celebrate special occasions such as birthdays and anniversaries...Read More
3. Obelisk (4.45) - Surprisingly, I fell in love with my choice of Lemon Caramel Profiterole. I normally don't really like these little donuts, but Obelisk's version was large and filled with a lovely lemon curd that was expertly balanced with both sweet and tart notes. The dark caramel sauce drizzled on top was buttery and pulled the whole dessert together...Read More
4. Ghibellina (4.33) - simply described as a Tuscan gastro-pub in the Logan Cirlce area from the team behind one of my all time favorite restaurants in DC, Acqua al 2...Read More
5. Masseria (4.33) - Masseria is a chic and cosmopolitan Italian enclave within the Union Market area that prepares modern interpretations of cherished dishes and authentic favorites of Italy...Read More
6. Ocopa (4.33) - Rich in traditional Peruvian flavors, Ocopa offers the finest in fresh, sustainable, and local foods. The seasonal menu is rich in tradition, featuring such Peruvian dishes as maki, tiradito, causa and cebiche...Read More
7. Garrison(4.23) -
A special feature of the night - and one of my favorites - was Arctic Char Tartare in a sesame waffle cone with American caviar and creme fraiche. The little cone was a nice portioned bite with a kick of scallion, and cutely served in a shot glass...Read More
8. La Perla (4.18) - There were too many enticing options on the menu - various pastas, seafood, veal, and chicken dishes. I had a very hard time choosing one, but went with the Pappardelle del Presidente as it was recommended by our server as being one of his favorites. This dish did not disappoint...Read More
9.Soi 38 (4.18) - Overall, we had a great pre-theater meal at Soi 38. All the dishes featured fresh ingredients, with generous portions - perfect for sharing. The spice level was bold, and were great dishes for a cold January night...
10. DBGB Kitchen & Bar(4.13) - The food at DBGB is fundamentally French, which we savored. Everything was executed perfectly and not that heavy as expected. Service was great and the ambience was jovial...Read More