Thursday, June 28, 2012

Red Rocks Grille

Located in the Sheraton Denver West hotel, the Red Rocks Grille is a convenient place to relax and enjoy a beverage, snack, or gourmet meal. Large screen TVs are also available in the lounge part next door.

I ate breakfast from the complimentary buffet here each morning before heading out to my work conference.  It was decent with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, oatmeal, and danishes available each morning.  Daily changing options included specialty omelettes, waffles, or ham and cheese croissants.  We also had a $10 daily food credit to use at the restaurant or lounge and so one day I ate lunch here.  I settled on the Portabella Mushroom Sandwich and chose a side of fruit as opposed to French Fries.  The sandwich was satisfying, although a bit too much bread for my liking.  Service was fair, since the restaurant was pretty empty when I was there.

On another night, I met up with colleagues in the lounge area for a drink and they ordered some Fried Pickles to snack on.  I had never had these before and was eager and curious to try one.  They were good, a little salty to satisfy that bar snack craving.  My only criticism is that I wish the pickle part was a thicker cut, since the breading was a bit overpowering.  I wanted a bit more crunch and sourness from the pickle.  Others commented that sometimes you can find these in spears, which I might prefer.  As the majority of the group left to eat dinner elsewhere, I stayed behind and ordered a Chicken Quesadilla for dinner. It was huge, in a nice sun dried tomato tortilla, stuffed with marinated chicken and plenty of cheese.  I ate about one-and-a-half of the "quarters" and shared another piece with my boss. She ordered a hamburger for herself and thought it was cooked well but just ok.  Later, I got dessert to go.  We heard rave reviews about their bread pudding from others who tried it on earlier nights.  So I ordered one to take back to my room and enjoy later. It came with a caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream.  Frankly, my piece was overly dry and bit burnt on top.  I really liked the ice cream though.  I must have gotten one of the last batches, because they had sold out apparently when my boss came back and tried to get one for herself.  She ended up eating a creme brulee instead and did not particularly care for it. 


Overall, the Red Rock Grille is a standard casual restaurant with a convenient location and general enough menu to satisfy hotel guests. The servers were all very friendly and welcoming during our stay and the prices were very affordable.

Total Rating: 3.4
Food: 3, Price: 4, Service: 4, Ambience: 3, Accessibility: 5

What I ate:
Portabella Mushroom Sandwich
with cheese and spinach on toasted hoagie
served with fruit

Fried Pickles


Chicken Quesadilla

Bread Pudding
with caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream

Red Rocks Grille on Urbanspoon
Pin It button on image hover