Micky's Apple Cobbler
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup flour
- ½ teasp cinnamon*
- ½ cup melted butter (1 stick)
- 3 - 4 medium apples, peeled, cubed
- ½ package pie crust
- Preheat oven to 400 and peel and cube apples.
- Stir together sugar, flour, cinnamon & melted butter.
- Gently stir in apples. Spread mixture into a slightly greased glass baking dish.
- Cut pie crust into strips & arrange on apples. Use extra crust pieces to cut mini heart shapes and place on top of holes.
- (Optional: Mix 1 egg white & water. Brush onto pie crust. Sprinkle with sugar for extra pretty crust).
- Bake for 45 minutes, until crust is golden brown & apple mixture is bubbly.
- Serve best warm with vanilla ice cream.
*Do not include cinnamon if using other fruit besides apples. Instead, a dash of vanilla extract may be added for extra sweetness, especially when using peaches as sometimes they can be on the tart side.
|Apples take over Eastern Market - September 2012|
|The elusive Honeycrisp.|