Thursday, December 6, 2012

Reader Question: Christmas Dining in DC

The Holiday Season has seriously crept up on me and I haven't had time to prepare a full list of the DC area restaurants that are featuring special Christmas Eve and Christmas Day meals this year.  I'm sorry for slacking, readers!  One reader from Vermont reached out directly to ask for Christmas dining in DC suggestions, and so here is a quick response:  

"Hi There, I have been reading your blog for a couple of years now and really enjoy your writing. My wife and I will be visiting DC over the Xmas holidays and staying at the Monaco on F street. Can you recommend some good places to eat nearby. One that really intrigues me is Cedar, what have you heard about it? Last time we went to DC we ate at Blue Duck Tavern and Rasika and loved both of them.Thank you and keep up the great writing. Thank You, Andy and Karen"

Thanks for reaching out, Andy!  I have been to Cedar before many years ago. Cedar highlights the classical French technique with "ingredient driven sensibility to create contemporary American cuisine with natural, clean flavors and vibrant presentations that highlight the expressions of the seasons." From what I remember, I liked the place but since I did not do an official write-up, I don't remember many details. They do feature a daily pre-theater 3 course menu for $35, so I imagine they would have Christmas dining specials as well.  Other great restaurants nearby your hotel that would be perfect for Christmas Dinner include:

Poste - American. This is actually in the Hotel Monaco and one of my favorite, classy restaurants. They have a nice warm ambience and are doing a Christmas Eve special all evening. $35 three-course menu available! 5-10pm. Appetizer, entree and dessert.

701 - Contemporary American. I went for New Year's Eve one year and had a nice time. They are doing a special 4 course Christmas Eve Menu for $55 per person in addition to the normal a la carte menu. Live jazz & valet parking available.

Fiola - Upscale Italian.  This is a highly rated new restaurant that I have only heard great things about and I plan to go there soon. For Christmas Eve, they are featuring the famous "Feast of Seven Fishes" for $145 per person or an a la carte menu for $135 per person.

Zaytinya - Mediterranean. They will be open on Christmas Eve serving their regular mezzes menu, but closed on Christmas Day. Very fun and hip place, perfect for foodies.

See a more complete list of DC restaurants offering Christmas Eve and Christmas Day meals and make easy reservations online.  Also check out my recent Top 10 Favorites in DC that are all Metro accessible.  Enjoy your holidays in DC and please let me know where you end up dining at!

Thanks for keeping me on my toes, readers! Send me a question and I might feature it here on What Micky Eats. 
Pin It button on image hover