Oreo Cheesecake Bars (Makes 16 bars. Adapted from Brown Eyed Baker)
For the crust:
- 23 Oreo cookies
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
For the cheesecake:
- 12 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 6 Tbsp sour cream
- 1½ teasp vanilla extract
- 12 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line an 8x8-inch square baking pan with foil or parchment paper, allowing it to hang over two of the sides.
- Make the Crust: Process the Oreo cookies in a food processor until they are turned into fine crumbs.
- Drizzle the melted butter over top and pulse a handful of times until the butter is evenly distributed and all of the crumbs are moist.
- Dump the crumbs into the prepared baking dish and press into an even layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes (leave the oven on).
- Make the Cheesecake: Beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the sugar and beat until incorporated.
- Slowly add the eggs, beating well after each addition, and mix until completely combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the sour cream and vanilla, beating until incorporated.
- Gently fold in the chopped Oreos, then pour the batter over the prepared crust, smoothing it into an even layer.
- Bake until the edges are set but the middle still jiggles slightly, about 40 to 50 minutes.
- Place the pan on a cooling rack and let cool to room temperature, about 2 hours, then cover the pan with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours (or up to 24 hours) before serving.
- To serve, lift the cheesecake out of the pan using the parchment or foil handles. Slice into bars and serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.