Monday, February 4, 2013

At Home: Super Bowl Snacks


Did your pick win the Super Bowl?  As I mentioned before, I could care less about football but I don't mind all the food I ate last night as we watched the game on TV.  For this next installment of What Micky Eats...At Home, I want to highlight some twists on the classic Super Bowl Snacks that we made...

Keith had the creative idea to make a dish from the cities to honor the two teams competing in Super Bowl XLVII.  We did our research and came up with a few ideas.  Some recipes we stuck to and others we put our own twist on.  Everything came out great and I am so happy to share it all with you.  First, for Baltimore we decided to make Mini Crab Cakes since Maryland is famous for it's crab cakes.  And the mini version just made it more fun for game day.  Get the recipe here.


For San Francisco, we decided to use sourdough bread as the accompaniment to a Hot Spinach & Artichoke Dip.  I found a guilt-free recipe that is supposedly lighter that other versions.  Get the recipe here.




For dessert, I wanted to make something fun and though not necessarily specific to either of the cities, I thought these Oreo Cheesecake Bars would be a crowd pleaser.  Get the recipe here.


Even with the #lightsout delay, I think I am still stuffed from all the good eats - ha!  How did your game day menu turn out? Please share in the comments section below.  Congrats to the Baltimore Ravens - Super Bowl XLVII Champions!
Pin It button on image hover