Apple Cinnamon Muffins (Makes 8)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teasp baking powder
- 1 teasp cinnamon
- ½ teasp salt
- ½ cup milk
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 1 apple, grated (yield ½ cup)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teasp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon sugar mixture
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together milk, butter, sugar, apple, eggs and vanilla.
- Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tray.
- Top each with generous sprinkling of cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place into oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- When the muffins are done, cool for 10 minutes before removing completing and finish cooling on a wire rack.
|My attempt at a style shot - mainly to show off the cute green chevron striped liners I just got.|
|Close up of the extra cinnamon sugar on top.|