Saturday, March 20, 2010

Las Olas


Last date I was here: 03/20/2010

Restaurant: Las Olas (http://www.lasolasmex.com/cardiff.php)


Location: Cardiff by the Sea, CA

Total Rating: 3.85
Food: 4, Price: 4, Service: 4, Ambience: 3, Accessibility: 3

Summary: Las Olas has served authentic Baja Style Mexican food in Southern California since 1981. The friendly, laid back atmosphere can get crowded at times so be prepared to put your name on a list and wait. The servers are quick and don't write anything down! Authentic Mexican food is made fresh daily, served by a friendly crew, both locations situated by the beach. Las Olas specializes in Mexican seafood items; Fresh lobster, flame-roasted seafood chile rellenos, as well as great carne asada, and carnitas.




We met up with some friends for dinner here and although the restaurant is not right on the beach - it is across the street - it was a cool spot. We shared the cheesy tortilla as a starter along with a couple pitchers of margaritas. I enjoyed my meal - the fresh ingredients really stood out. It was my only taste of Mexican food during my stay in California and I am not complaining.

What I ate:


Sour Cream Enchiladas

Two enchiladas filled with char-broiled chicken breast and topped with salsa verde, cheese and sour cream

Las Olas Mexican on Urbanspoon

Pin It button on image hover