Candied Popcorn (Adapted from A Mom Not A Pro)
- 12 cups plain popcorn (2 microwave bags)
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk (1 can)
- 3 oz. strawberry or other flavored gelatin (1 package)
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Pop popcorn according to directions.
- Pour popcorn into a disposable aluminum roasting pan. Keep warm in oven.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk and dry gelatin in medium saucepan. Heat and stir over low heat until mixture is slightly thickened and bubbly, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture over popcorn. Stir gently to coat using a long-handled wooden spoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Carefully turn out onto large piece of lightly buttered foil; spread out in a thin layer.
- Let cool. Break into pieces or clusters.
dessert bar we labeled these "She's Ready to Pop"corn! - how cute is that? Try it with other flavors to make a colorful mix for birthday parties. Grape, orange, cherry, lime - the possibilities are endless! We added some mini marshmallows to our mix after it dried and before stuffing in the bags, but peanuts or mini pretzels would be good too for that salty/sweet combo.