Ice Cream Cone Cannolis (Makes 12. Adapted from Cookies & Cups)
- 24 oz. ricotta
- ¾ cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips, plus extra for melting and decorating
- 12 sugar cones
- Place ricotta in a strainer lined with a cheese cloth or paper towel, and set over a bowl.
- Let ricotta sit overnight in the refrigerator to strain thoroughly, occasionally squeezing to help release the liquid.
- Discard the liquid. Add strained ricotta, powdered sugar, and chocolate chips into a bowl and mix until combined thoroughly.
- Place cream in a piping bag or ziplock, and store in refrigerator until ready to use.
It's helpful to have a second pair of hands to hold the cones as you fill. Thanks, Corrine!
- Melt some chocolate, then dip the rim of each sugar cone in the chocolate and coat with mini chocolate chips.
- Set cones on parchment paper to cool and set.
- When ready to serve, take the bag of cannoli cream and fill each cone.
- Serve immediately. (The cones will get soggy if you fill them too far in advance.)
dessert table. I would definitely make the cannolis again for another party.