Thursday, July 12, 2012

Adventures in Veganism: Day 6

I know I have been a bit delayed in posting the final half of my vegan adventure, but it has been a roller coaster ride! Between recent work travels and this crazy heat wave, I admit that eating vegan hasn't been very inspiring.  Yet, onward with Day 6 of my vegan adventure.

For breakfast on Day 6, I ate Vegetable Hash Browns.  They were actually pretty good! This time I added a dash of salt and pepper and it did wonders.  I practically devoured the entire dish.  The beans provided extra protein and filling, while the onions and peppers gave an extra zing of flavor.  I wish there were more mushrooms, but overall I really enjoyed this dish.  Plus the portion size was very large compared to the other pouches.

Lunch was Signature Vegetable Soup and was bursting with flavor! The vegetables were nice thick chunks and more fresh than the canned variety seen in the other dishes.  The onions really came through along with lots of black pepper notes that provided a little dulling heat in my mouth.  This would be a perfect soup for when you are sick, to get extra vitamins from all the veggies.  And the mild spice would help clear your sinuses.

Ginger Thai Salad was the dinner pouch and holy hotness!  It was so spicy, I forced my self to eat all the tofu chunks (as they are most filling) and the purple peanuts. I know they were only purple from the purple cabbage, but it was fun.  I did not taste any ginger or other Thai flavorings other than the hot peppers. 

Dessert was another Chocolate Chip Cookie - the best of the three cookies I've had on this adventure. I guess Day 6 was uphill on the roller coaster.  One more day left, I wonder which way it will go. Stay tuned!

What I ate:

Vegetable Hash Browns
Organic potatoes, organic kidney beans, organic onion, organic mushrooms,
organic sweet peppers, vegan herbs and spices
This is what the picture looked like:

This is what mine actually looked like:

Signature Vegetable Soup
extra virgin olive oil, onion, organic carrots, organic potatoes,
organic tomatoes, organic green beans, organic vegetable broth,
organic corn, black pepper, organic parsley, lemon juice
This is what the picture looked like:

This is what mine actually looked like:
  
Ginger Thai Salad
Organic cabbage, organic tofu, organic onions, organic peanuts,
organic ginger, vegan herbs and spices
This is what the picture looked like:

This is what mine actually looked like:

Chocolate Chip Cookie

Miss something? Catch up on my

Pin It button on image hover